The demands for electronic devices, including scanner, are increasing each year. Canon, as one of the most popular manufacturer for electronic devices, released CanoScan FB636U to keep up with the needs. For personal and home use, this machine offers awesome benefits. First, its power consumption is very efficient, with only 9 watts during operation and 5 watts during standby mode. You do not have to worry about any increasing electricity bills anymore.
The second benefit from CanoScan FB636U is its compact design and chic white color. Its size is only 10.1 x 14.7 x 1.5 inches in width, depth, and height respectively and 3.31 lbs. in weight, which means you can move it around effortlessly. It also does not require too much space in your room. Its warm-up time is also very fast, with only 15 seconds. However, its maximum resolution is not remarkable, with only 600 x 600 dpi.
You May Also Like This: Canon Pixma iX6550 Colour Photo Printer
Another drawback from CanoScan FB636U is its lack of Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) feature. It means you have to feed the papers by yourself. The paper handling is also very poor. It can only handle A4 plain papers. Nevertheless, it does its job as personal and home scanner just well despite all the drawbacks it has.
Canon CanoScan FB636U Printer Specifications:
- Scanner Type: Flatbed, color and monochrome
- Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Light Source: Three-color RGB LEDs
- Scanning Mode Color: 36-bit internal/ 24- bit external; Grayscale : 12-bit internal/ 8-bit external; black & white; text enhanced
- Max. Document Size: 8.5 x 11.7
- OS Compatibility: ScanGear CS-U TWAIN for Windows 98, Canon Plug-in; Module CS-U for MAC OS 8.5 or higher
- Software: Canon Creative Image CD-Rom, including ScanGear CS-U TWAIN driver, ScanGear Toolbox CS, Canon Plug-in Module CS-U, CanoScan Toolbox CS,Canon Photo and TextBridge Pro
Canon CanoScan FB636U System Requirements and Compatibility:
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
You May Also Like This: Canon Pixma iX4000 Colour Bubble Jet Printer
Free Download Canon CanoScan FB636U Series All-in-One Photo Printer Driver and Software for Supported Operating Systems Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/Windows Server (32-bit/64-bit), Macintosh Mac OS X, and Linux.
ScanGear Twain driver Windows 2000/Xp (32-bit) ~~~>>> Download
Toolbox for SG CS-U 5.3.X or above (does not include driver) Windows 2000/Me/Xp (32-bit) ~~~>>> Download
Guide for Canon CanoScan FB636U Printer Driver Installation
Steps for the Installations:
- First, you need to make sure that your computer and also the Canon printer is not connected yet.
- When the process of the downloading is completed, your driver file is ready to be installed and you need to Open Folder and click the downloaded file. Commonly, the file will be in the format of exe.
- You can also accept for the location to save the file in the default location. You need to click “Next” and wait for the process of installer extract for the files for the installation is completed.
- Note: If you are unconditionally close the Download Complete screen, you do not need to be worried. You can find it in the folder where you save the file for the format exe and you need to click it.
- Then, you need to choose the language from the language list and choose “OK”.
- Finally, you only need to follow the instructions for the installation screen directions.
Steps for the Unistallations:
- When you want to uninstall the driver for this printer, you need to open the “Devices and Printers” by clicking it from Start button and you need to choose “Devices and Printers.”
- Then, right clicking is needed for the printer that you are going to remove. Then, click Remove device and choose Yes.
- When you cannot remove the printer, you can try to right click again and choose “Run as Administrator” and then “Remove Device”. Finally, click Yes.